BEV System Leader
BEV System Leader
Morris Commercial Ltd, www.morris-commercial.com, is a UK-based automotive engineering and manufacturing start-up with innovation as its core value and a vision of creating desirable carbon neutral transport. Morris Commercial set out to revive the historic British Icon, the Morris J Type, with state of the art technology, zero emission, full battery electric and complete newly engineered vehicles with the timeless iconic, original Morris Commercial design, heritage and beautiful British craftsmanship – Morris JE. We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individuals with extensive experience and a proven track record in vehicle system design and engineering, preferably in the light commercial vehicle/car sector and BEV propulsion system engineering experience. The successful candidate must be passionate about cars with a strong belief in the future of electric vehicles
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the vehicle life cycle development through concept to engineering design, prototype build, certification, to Job 1
- Provide system leadership engaging body and chassis engineering team to deliver powertrain systems from concept through to production for new Morris JE and future vehicle advanced propulsion systems
- Responsible to deliver technically compatible electric propulsion system proposals through the full lifecycle and will be responsible for the creation and futuring of the overall system strategy.
- Provide system leadership engaging multi-disciplined commodity teams to deliver the desired system proposition. Ensuring a balanced and measured system solution to achieve targets for Performance, Mass, Cost, Quality, Timing & Compliance.
- Select, validate, and engage suppliers for relevant parts and systems
- Liaise with suppliers and manage the progress to meet the timing, specification, and engineering requirement.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications
- Expert knowledge of system engineering and requirements management.
- Proven experience in the delivery of electrified powertrains and associated Systems
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of product development and new technology introduction processes and principle
- Broad automotive engineering and manufacturing knowledge
- BEV skateboard chassis knowledge and experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, mindset, and proven record in meeting deadlines
- Ability to use engineering design software such as Catia and/or equivalent
- Ability to use project management software and Microsoft Office
- Professional, credible, and responsible
- Demonstrates great drive to achieve outstanding results
- Resilient and adaptable
- Passionate about the environment and believing in the electric revolution of the automotive industry
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
- Willing to travel and attend meetings and suppliers in the UK and overseas