Prototype Build Technician
To work as part of a team in developing and building an innovative Battery Electric Light Commercial Vehicle and its associated components.
- POSITION SUMMARY
JOB TITLE: Prototype Build Technician
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent
LINE MANAGER: Prototype Build Team Leader
LOCATION: Worcestershire – Hinton-on-the-Green
STANDARD WORKING HRS: 40 – Monday to Friday
HOLIDAY: 20 days per annum, plus statutory Bank Holidays
BENEFITS: Company pension scheme after probation.
- JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mechanical & electrical build work which includes key measurement
acquisition and testing to conform to engineering specifications and reporting these
- Correct handling of components before and during installation.
- Daily up keep of workshop and company tools while reporting of defects.
- Mechanical fault finding leading to repairs and maintained.
- Recording of project documentation as required.
- Support the engineering teams with feedback from assembly with sequence or
tolerance complications found.
- Develop documentation and record assembly data during the build.
- Assist the company with transitioning from development to full-scale production.
2.1. JOB ROLE
As a prototype build technician, you will be confident and experienced in all aspects of
full vehicle assembly from prototype singular builds with extensive data recording and
measurement capability’s though to product rework/repair while utilising production fit
2.2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- A strong practical knowledge and experience of vehicle assembly is vital.
Experience in the following areas is essential
- Chassis Build – Steering / Suspension & services etc.
- Body Build
- Interior Trim
- Exterior Trim
- Harness Fit
Experience in the following would be advantageous
- HV Systems (inc battery fit/removal, ev component handling, ev H&S systems)
- Interior Trim inc seating & restraints
- Direct vehicle glazing
- Metal bonding processes – adhesive / ‘cold jointing’
- You will also be prepared to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to ensure
manufacturing activities are carried out safely and efficiently when required.
- You will be able to work in a safe manner in accordance with the Company’s Health
and Safety requirements.
2.3. BEHAVIORAL STANDARDS:
Professional behaviour is always expected in the workplace, this is primarily to respect
colleges and conduct yourself in a kind and courteous manor internally and externally
in order to maintain healthy work relationships.
- SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Time served engineering / mechanical technician with proven experience in a similar engine role.
- Be proficient in workshop build processes and reporting build concerns
- Experience of using workshop tools and equipment
- Present information clearly and concisely through verbal and written communication
- IT literate and proficient with Microsoft software packages
- Experience supersedes qualifications. However, relevant qualifications are favoured.
- BTEC, City and Guilds Level 3, higher or equivalent in an engineering or automotive