High Voltage (HV) Electric Vehicle Technician
Company: Morris Commercial Ltd
Location: Evesham, Worcestershire, WR11 2QU
About Morris Commercial Ltd:
Morris Commercial Ltd, www.morris-commercial.com, is a UK-based automotive engineering and manufacturing start-up with innovation as its core value and a vision of creating desirable carbon neutral transport. Morris Commercial set to revive the historic British Icon Morris Commercial with state of art technology, zero emission, full battery electric and complete newly engineered vehicles and with timeless iconic original Morris Commercial design heritage and beautiful British craftsmanship.
We are actively recruiting a High Voltage (HV) Electric Vehicle Technician with EV Level 3 or 4 certification to join Team Morris. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in working on HV systems installations including powertrain, battery pack, DC and AC charging, high voltage HVAC systems, and all other components related to a high-voltage electric vehicle. The right candidate must be passionate about automobiles, with a high belief in the future of electric vehicles and sustainability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prototype HV Builds: Lead and responsible for the installation and commissioning of HV powertrains, batteries, charging, HVAC and other HV system for the prototype vehicles. Ensure the system performs to the designed specification utilising expertise and understanding in the intricacies of electric vehicle technologies.
- HV System Maintenance: Perform maintenance, diagnostics, and repairs and improvements to the high-voltage systems including the HV battery pack ensuring optimal performance and safety. Demonstrate proficiency in planning, handling jobs and troubleshooting problems.
- Technical Contribution: Contribute and participate in the selection of the right solution and suppliers for vehicle charging and HVAC system and responsible for its installation to the vehicles.
- Quality Assurance: Collaborate with Engineering teams to conduct thorough quality checks, identifying and rectifying any discrepancies in the prototype builds.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to safety standards and protocols for working with high-voltage systems, ensuring a safe working environment.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of work performed, including diagnostics, repairs, and modifications to HV systems.
- Collaboration: Work closely with Engineering and Design teams to integrate HV systems seamlessly into vehicle prototypes.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualification:
- Certification: EV Level 3 or 4 certification is required.
- Experience: Proven track record with extensive experience (minimum 3 years) working on high-voltage electric vehicles, including powertrains, battery packs, charging, and HVAC systems.
- Technical Proficiency: In-depth knowledge of high-voltage systems, safety protocols, and industry best practices.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues related to HV systems efficiently.
- Adaptability: Willingness to adapt to evolving project requirements and contribute to a dynamic and innovative work environment.
- Team Player: Strong collaboration and communication skills to work effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Professional, credible and responsible.
- Demonstrates great drive to achieve outstanding results to the highest standards.
- Resilient and adaptable to change.
- Passionate about the environment and a strong belief in the electric revolution in the automotive industry
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Willing to travel and attend meetings and suppliers in the UK and overseas.
- Able to maintain highest level of confidentiality in all aspect of work.
If you are passionate about being part of a groundbreaking initiative in the automotive industry and have the required skills and experience, please submit your resume and a covering letter to JE@morris-commercial.com including details of your relevant experience and how it aligns with the specified qualifications. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Morris Commercial Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested? Apply Here