Morris Commercial Ltd, www.morris-commercial.com, is a UK-based automotive engineering and manufacturing start-up with innovation as its core value and a vision of creating desirable carbon neutral transport. Morris Commercial set out to revive the historic British Icon, with state of the art technology, zero emission, full battery electric and complete newly engineered vehicles with the timeless iconic, original Morris Commercial design, heritage and beautiful British craftsmanship. We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individuals with extensive experience and a proven track record in vehicles certification and homologation to join our fast expanding engineering team. The successful candidate must be passionate for electric vehicles
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working within our engineering design team supporting new product homologation, ensuring designs meet required regulation. Liaising with homologation authorities such as the VCA organising required tests and submitting correct paperwork. Generation of homologation and test plans meaning SOP dates can be met.
- Managing all homologation paperwork and certification.
- Ensuring that all vehicle specifications comply with existing legislation in all chosen markets.
- Ensuring that management is fully informed about forthcoming changes in legislation which may impact vehicle type approvals.
- Formulating, publishing and communicating timing schedules related to legislation led design changes.
- Communicating with VCA, other similar agencies, and agents working on our behalf.
- Attending all relevant SMMT meetings and feeding back to management.
- Undertaking necessary testing (MIRA etc)
- Assisting Sales & Marketing with Certificates of Production and Certificates of Conformity.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A proven ability to review documentation feeding content back in to a team allowing for clear understanding.
- A track record showing a good understanding of the process that should be followed during the homologation process.
- A proven ability of the control of documentation and completion of documentation to high standards.
- The ability to work with external organisations, ensuring clear understanding of programme requirements.
- The ability to negotiate fair programme cost for the homologation of vehicles.
- Good understanding of the EC SSTA approvals.
- Engineering Degree (preferably Automotive or Mechanical) or a substantial track record in the homologation certification process.
- An experienced quality manager would also be considered for this role.
- 10 years plus experience in certification and homologation role essential
- Professional, credible, and responsible
- Demonstrates great drive to achieve outstanding results
- Resilient and adaptable
- Passionate about the environment and believing in the electric revolution of the automotive industry
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
- Willing to travel and attend meetings and suppliers in the UK and overseas
Interested? Apply Here