Senior Chassis Engineer
Electric Vehicle Chassis Platform Lead Engineer
Morris Commercial Ltd, www.morris-commercial.com, is a UK-based automotive engineering and manufacturing start-up with innovation as its core value and a vision of creating desirable carbon neutral transport. Morris Commercial set out to revive the historic British Icon, the Morris J Type, with state-of-the-art technology, zero emission, full battery electric and complete newly engineered vehicles with the timeless iconic, original Morris Commercial design, heritage and beautiful British craftsmanship. We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and a proven track record in vehicle chassis system engineering, preferably in the light commercial vehicle/car sector. The successful candidate must be passionate about cars with a strong belief in the future of electric vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the vehicle life cycle development through engineering design, prototype build, certification, to Job 1
- Working within a small engineering team to refine the EV platform system performance particularly working on braking and steering system.
- Led chassis certification and validation process to meet and optimised the vehicle performance, function, weight and cost requirements.
- Led and manage the chassis prototype build, testing process.
- Liaise with suppliers and manage the progress to meet the timing, specification, and engineering requirement.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications
- Extensive vehicle chassis concept design and engineering design and development to prototype build experience.
- Automotive design engineering programme and project management experience
- Broad automotive engineering and manufacturing knowledge
- Good experience in vehicle system engineering and integration
- EV skateboard chassis knowledge and experience preferred
- Composite and alternative materials knowledge preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills, mindset, and proven record in meeting deadlines
- Ability to use engineering design software such as Catia and/or equivalent.
- Professional, credible, and responsible
- Demonstrates great drive to achieve outstanding results
- Resilient and adaptable
- Passionate about the environment and believing in the electric revolution of the automotive industry
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
- Willing to travel and attend meetings and suppliers in the UK and overseas
- Able to maintain highest level of confidentiality in all aspect of work
Interested? Apply Here