Chief Program Engineer
Morris Commercial Ltd, www.morris-commercial.com, is a UK-based automotive engineering and manufacturing start-up with innovation as its core value and a vision of creating desirable carbon neutral transport. Morris Commercial set to revive the historic British Icon Morris Commercial with state of art technology, zero emission, full battery electric and complete newly engineered vehicles and with timeless iconic original Morris Commercial design heritage and beautiful British craftsmanship. we are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and proven track record in vehicle body engineering preferably with light commercial vehicle/car sector. The successful candidate must be passionate about cars with high believes in the future of the electric vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Delivery the vehicle life cycle development through concept to engineering design, prototype build, certification, to Job 1 to quality, cost , time and technical targets
- Direction and Leadership of project team, suppliers and contractor to associated programmes and relevant part of the design.
- Presentation of the project status, issues and proposed solutions and action plan to executive management.
- Overseeing and manager project engineers
- Professional representation to external suppliers and customers
- Utilisation and development of company new model introduction delivery processes
- Multiple Project management control and prioritisation of resources
- Extensive knowledge and experience of total vehicle engineering, with hands on demonstration of a number of project deliveries
- Team Leader recognition from peers
- Excellent engineering project management skill with successful track record
- Ideally qualified to degree level
- Excellent IT skills and high aptitude in numeric and verbal skill
- Dedication and commitment to the role, highly self-motivated and capable of galvanising others to action. Resilient and adaptable to change
- Very strong communication at all levels in the organisation, good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Constantly striving for improved way of working
- Process orientated, flexible and able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong general management skills
- Excellent and realistic risk management capability, able to recognise issues and deal with them quickly and effectively.
- Strong planning and targeting setting skills, followed by implementation and post delivery review
- Passionate about environment and believing in electric revolution in the automotive industry