Vehicle Body (Exterior and Interior) CAD Design Engineer
Company: Morris Commercial Ltd
Location: Evesham, Worcestershire, WR11 2QU
About Morris Commercial Ltd:
Morris Commercial Ltd, www.morris-commercial.com, is a UK-based automotive engineering and manufacturing start-up with innovation as its core value and a vision of creating desirable carbon neutral transport. Morris Commercial set to revive the historic British Icon Morris Commercial with state of art technology, zero emission, full battery electric and complete newly engineered vehicles and with timeless iconic original Morris Commercial design heritage and beautiful British craftsmanship.
We are actively looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and proven track record in vehicle body engineering preferably in the light commercial vehicle/car sector and particularly with electric vehicles to join Team Morris, contributing to the realisation of our cutting-edge, environmentally conscious vehicle lineup. The successful candidate must be passionate about automobiles and have great belief in the future of electric vehicles and sustainability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of the exterior and interior of Morris JE vehicle through concept refinement to engineering design optimisations, prototype build, certification and to Job 1
- Demonstrate a deep understanding and ability to timely deliver the body component designs including body panels, structural parts, closures, hardware, interior and exterior trim.
- Good experience and understanding of carbon fibre and composite materials, incorporating them into the design process to enhance vehicle performance and efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including chassis, electrical, manufacturing, and testing, to ensure the seamless integration of the body design elements.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, overseeing the production of components to meet quality standards and deadlines.
- Conduct thorough analysis and evaluation to optimise designs for performance, cost, weight and manufacturability.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to continually enhance the body design process.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent qualifications in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience of a minimum 5 years in body structure and closure design and/or interior design for the automotive industry.
- Proficiency in using Catia V5/6, Catia 3D Experience and other relevant design tools.
In-depth knowledge and practical experience working with carbon fibre and composite materials.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver results within specified timelines.
Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage supplier relationships and ensure timely delivery of quality components.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on precision and accuracy in design work.
Broad vehicle design experience such as packaging, interior etc will be an advantage.
- Professional, credible and responsible.
- Demonstrates great drive to achieve outstanding results and highest standards.
Resilient and adaptable to changes.
- Passionate about the environment and having a strong belief in the electric revolution in the automotive industry.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Willing to travel and attend meetings and suppliers in the UK and overseas.
- Able to maintain highest level of confidentiality in all aspect of work.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their resume, cover letter, and a portfolio showcasing relevant design projects to JE@morris-commerical.com Please highlight your experience with Catia, carbon fibre, and composite materials. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Morris Commercial Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested? Apply Here