Vehicle Prototype Technician
Company: Morris Commercial Ltd
Location: Evesham, Worcestershire, WR11 2QU
About Morris Commercial Ltd:
Morris Commercial Ltd, www.morris-commercial.com, is a UK-based automotive engineering and manufacturing start-up with innovation as its core value and a vision of creating desirable carbon neutral transport. Morris Commercial set to revive the historic British Icon Morris Commercial with state of art technology, zero emission, full battery electric and complete newly engineered vehicles and with timeless iconic original Morris Commercial design heritage and beautiful British craftsmanship.
We are actively seeking a dynamic and highly motivated individual with a proven track record to join Team Morris as a Skilled Workshop Technician/Operative. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in participating in the prototype builds of our innovative Morris JE electric vehicles. This position requires extensive experience in mechanical and/or electrical, and/or composite manufacturing and general assembly work, contributing to the realization of our vision for carbon-neutral transport.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prototype Build: Lead and/or participate in the assembly of vehicle prototypes, ensuring precision, quality, and adherence to engineering specifications.
- Hands-on Workshop Skills: Demonstrate proficiency in mechanical and/or electrical work skills including but not limited to chassis, suspension, steering and brake components. Electrical proficiency contributes to the electrical aspects of vehicle assembly, including wiring, control systems, and integration of electronic components. Composite and trim working skills will be advantage.
- Quality Assurance: Collaborate with Engineering teams to conduct thorough quality checks, identifying and rectifying any discrepancies in the prototype builds.
- Problem Solving: Address and resolve technical challenges that may arise during the prototype build process, ensuring efficient and effective solutions.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of the build process, including any modifications made, and provide comprehensive reports to the Engineering team.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Design, Engineering, and testing, to ensure seamless integration of mechanical, electrical, and trim elements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge: Extensive vehicle mechanical, electrical, maintenance and restoration knowledge. Electrical vehicle knowledge will be an advantage.
- Experience: Proven track record with extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in workshop environments, specialising in mechanical, electrical, composite and/or trim work for automotive applications.
- Technical Proficiency: In-depth knowledge of automotive systems, with hands-on expertise in assembling and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical components.
- Detail-Oriented: Meticulous attention to detail in trim work to achieve the desired aesthetic and functional outcomes.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to analyse and resolve technical challenges efficiently during prototype builds.
- Team Player: Strong collaboration and communication skills to work effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Adaptability: Willingness to adapt to evolving project requirements and contribute to a dynamic and innovative work environment.
- Professional, credible and responsible.
- Demonstrates great drive to achieve outstanding results and highest standards.
- Resilient and adaptable to change.
- Passionate about the environment and having a strong belief in the electric revolution in the automotive industry.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Willing to travel and attend meetings and suppliers in the UK and overseas.
- Able to maintain highest level of confidentiality in all aspect of work.
If you are passionate about being part of a groundbreaking initiative in the automotive industry and have the required skills and experience, please submit your resume and a cover letter to JE@morris-commercial.com include details of your relevant experience and how it aligns with the specified qualifications. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Morris Commercial Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested? Apply Here